Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Bulbs and other English Garden topics.
Follow these tips for success with over wintering Dahlia tubers.
(1) Label all your plants, before the frost.
(2) Enjoy your Dahlias till the frost blackens them.
(3) Cut the stems back to 6".
(4) In a cool dry place , turn the tubers upside down ,(upturned
tomato boxes make good props). Excess moisture drains from
the hollow stem.
(5) After 2 to 3 wks, clean up the tubers by removing the old
soil and cutting the main stem down to a couple of inches. also
cut off any thin roots.
(6)Store the tubers upright in shallow boxes of dry peat in a
frost free place.